Saturday, January 10, 2015

Dollar Tree Ideas #1

We all know that teachers are cheap....we have to be!  Today I was at the Dollar Tree and I bought a couple things for my math centers.


First up is Calendar Addition.  I purchased a calendar from the Dollar Tree and wrote numbers on each day.  The idea is to add numbers in the calendar.  What's great about this center is that it is differentiated.  So it can be used for various levels within your classroom.


I created task cards and a recording sheet at different levels.  This FREEBIE is here for you --->  Calendar Addition



This calendar had an extra page.  Students could add the columns for an advanced challenge.



Next, is Parking Lot Addition.  My students love anything to do with cars!  I thought it would be fun for them to park the cars and add the numbers from the parking spaces.  Again, I differentiated for practice at various levels.  I think this one will be a hit!






I hope your students enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

***