Thursday, February 2, 2012

Inferring

We are having so much fun with inferring!  The kids are amazed that they do it all day long, every single day. First, we used Speech Room News' inferring with comic strips {check it out!}.  After we used a book that I love, love, love ---> David Shannon's Alice the Fairy...she is a riot. When we finished all our thinking one kid said, "It's easy peasy lemon squeezy!"  Then we moved on to Good Boy, Fergus and then No, David.  Lastly, we used the Speech Room News' Phineas and Ferb inferring sort which I used as an informal assessment.
I DO: Introduction, Comic Strips
 WE DO: Alice the Fairy
 YOU DO (with a partner):  Good Boy, Fergus!
Here's a copy of my inference graphic organizer.  The backpack represents schema....all those things you carry with you in your bank of knowledge. The book represents the text clues and the magnifying glass represents the detective work the students are doing. 
Inferring

Check out Speech Room News for great ideas....as well as David Shannon books!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'll be using it next week with my first graders. Thanks for sharing! I'm also your newest follower :)

    Meagan

    www.willhiteswords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

***