Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Negativity not needed but thanks anyway

My phone dings.  I see the symbol for a new email.  Check email.  Here is what it said:

Please use the appropriate their not there in your description. We want teachers to have a good reputation.

Just to be clear I'm not perfect nor do I care if all teachers supposedly get a good reputation from my spelling.

The reason I created this site was to share.  That's it, that's the reason...I wanted a bigger community of people to share with.  I mess up sometimes...too bad, so sad.

I've been reading a blog that tells it like it is and I LOVE it.  It isn't perfect, it isn't all rainbows and sunshine, but it is easy to related to. So tonight when I received that email from one lovely person with too much time on their hands I decided to try on the style of a fellow blogger.  And you know what, it feels good!  Check her out for yourself:  Mama Laughlin

 
Ok, off my soap box!

Now for the real reason I'm here...to share a freebie:
 
As your students inquire into nonfiction topics use the FQR to question the text, share learned information, respond the information and prove it with your textual evidence. 
 
Enjoy!  And if you benefit from viewing a blogger's site you might consider leaving them a kind message.  Chances are they do it to be a part of a bigger community and would love to hear how they are helping you :)

6 comments:

  1. What a little stinker. Who has that much time on there hands... I mean their hands? LOL

    Thanks for blogging and sharing your great resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their is always going to be someone to nit-pick. Oh wait... it's there. I appreciate that you are a member of the blogging community!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such a nice freebie!
    I hope no one proofs my blog like that! Whew! Maybe he/she will retire soon!
    Love your blog!

    Pam
    Visit me at Teaching By The Sea

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a pity that there are folks out there that mind other people's business more than their own! Chin up, buttercup! Do they really have that much time on their hands?

    ~ Kimberlee ~
    Teacher TimeSavers

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there!!! Teachers are people too, we all make mistakes. In fact, thank the Lord I have a backspace because I have made a million mistakes in this comment. Hope you have a good week. Don't let one person spoil what you do on your blog. :)

    teacupteacher3@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree that teachers are people, we make mistakes, we learn and get on with our lives. Give support not negativity. It's really shows how you're as a teacher. Don't let one or few bugs affect you too much. Have a great day =)

    ReplyDelete

***