***

Monday, August 6, 2012

Lesson Planning (Unit 1, First Grade)

I created a Unit Lesson Plan full of mini-lessons for reading and writing based off my county's roadmaps and overviews that focus on the Common Core State Standards.  I was lucky enough to be a part of the team that designed the Literacy roadmaps and unit overviews.  This is my translation from curriculum to classroom handy. 

I included language for mini-lessons that was provided in previous trainings and comprehension strategy talk from PEBC. 

I also included anchor charts from all the amazing teachers that post them to pinterest.  I tried to label where I got it from underneath the chart.  I plan on using it as a reference (not copying them exactly).   For some mini-lessons I had a hard time finding charts and I gave up.

This unit is planned for approximately 20-25 days. In one day you may do two mini-lessons depending on your class. It includes reading and writing!






How are you planning your lessons?  Any good ideas out theres that you are willing to share?



5 comments:

  1. Hello! May I ask what application you're using for your plan? I like how you were able to fit snaps of your Anchor Charts and everything! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used a table in Word and resized the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing these. As a new first grade teacher I appreciate seeing these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the example! I'm still learning how to plan units after 2.5 years of teaching. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I been doing my teaching work for so many years and the most hardest thing or part of my job is making those lesson plans for my student's. Now, I have some good ideas I get from your content which help me make a very effective lesson plan in school. Thanks, this was very useful sample of lesson plan you gave.

    best essays writing services reviews.

    ReplyDelete