Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Another day in THAT room

Spending my time at school has come to fill like a bit of a chore BUT I still go and I still love seeing completed projects...figures!  Today I worked to get some more stuff done and a bit of chatting with my classroom neighbors.

 This is my new Fix Up Strategies board that my students refer to during guided reading groups and while independently reading.  I now am on a mission to aquire more lamps....it provides a more comforting atmosphere AND it will help with the glare on these adorably useful strategies!!


I finished the bulletin board.  The bucket fillers were first and then I decided on my reading comprehension posters because we use and refer to them so much!


Below I finished putting owl labels on each of the drawers.  And I put in their library cards to keep track of their levels.



OK, so I have this tree and last year I really didn't embrace it.  It made me mad!  It was painted in the only spot where I could have had a second bulletin board!!  This year I decided to treat it like an asset.  It's a fabulous place to display student work.  So I hung up a little owl that says, "Hoot, Hoot, Hooray!  Look at our work today!"  Then I painted clothes pins and attached them to a tack and shoved them in...they are green to look like leaves of the tree.


The little guy is so cute.  Get your's here- Owl Signs



I finished my board: a place for Essential Questions for each subject, schedule, specials, a wee little calendar, direction cards from A Cupcake for the Teacher and containers to hold my board stuff.
 And the header for the word wall.

Lastly, I finished my board (sans names) with cute little owls


Get your Look Whooo's in Our Class sign here.

I'm starting to have the teacher dreams.  I can't fall asleep and I'm up WAY before the alarm.  There is just SO much to think about. 

Good luck to you,


4 comments:

  1. Very nice!! Love the tree and great use of it!!
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything's amazing! Wow-wow-wow... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the reading fix up strategies with the owl theme!! I can't wait to get home to print...no colored ink at school. I have posters similar to these, but without owls. I puffy heart love me some owls, so these will fit right in my room.

    Please visit my blog and follow me. You can find me at owlroom.blogspot.com

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

***