PEBC institutes advance teaching and leadership skills with cutting-edge experiential training, including the opportunity to spend time in a “lab classroom” observing exemplary practitioners in action, debriefings, small and large group learning, reflection and planning sessions.
Thinking Strategies Institutes
The four-day Thinking Strategies Institutes continue to bring the latest research and best instructional practices surrounding the seven cognitive behaviors of successful thinkers to district personnel, principals and k-12 teachers from across the country.
Thinking Strategies Institute participants will:
- observe extensively in a PEBC Lab Classroom where teachers emphasize comprehension learning;
- investigate comprehension instruction in grades kindergarten through twelve;
- discuss specific strategies to enhance comprehension in one’s own reading in a variety of texts;
- understand comprehension in relation to other essential elements in a literacy program, including the rituals and routines necessary for creating a literate classroom and community;
- explore staff development and assessment strategies to promote best practices in instruction;
- debrief observations with PEBC staff developers;
- consider examples of how leadership impacts instruction in literacy.
I may not be posting much over the next week but I am sure that many of my future post will divulge what I learned during this institute!