Sunday, December 8, 2013

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

This year things are a little different for me and it has taken me a while to get in the spirit BUT I'm finally there!  Last night my step-mom and I decorated and listened to Christmas songs...it was just what I needed.

So I woke up this morning and decided to bring the Christmas cheer to school.
Here is a pack with 5 word activities.  Some are vocabulary development and the rest are word work. Click on the link or pictures to download yours for free.


For the past two weeks, our first grade team has digging deep into Land and Water.  Here's what's been going on:
We started with natural resources and man made materials.  We took our clip boards and went on a hunt around the school.

The kids sorted the resources in their journals.  The sort is from Michele Olson.

Then we started to investigate where we can find natural resources on Earth.

The students drew examples of each in their notebooks.

Then we observed soil and determined what kind it was and what we could do with it.



Then we observed rocks and went on a hunt.  We used Primary Graffiti's Interactive Notebook for Earth Science to help use describe rocks and soil.

For some reason I can't get this picture the right way!  For water, we did a Frayer Model.

To show their understanding of land and water the students sorted pictures in their journals.  Again this from Primary Graffiti's Interactive Notebook for Earth Science which I absolutely love.


While I was out the students and substitute figured out how we use these resources.

 At the end of this week we started getting into fast and slow changes.

Next week we are looking deeper into the changes on Earth.  It's been so fun!

I hope you are starting to enjoy the holiday season as well!
















2 comments:

  1. Love the Winter Word Work and all the natural resources ideas- thanks for sharing. And the Christmas tree looks great:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ya, I’m actually joyful I’ve found this information. Today bloggers publish just about gossip and the internet and this is really Helpful. A good blog with exciting content, that’s what I need. Thanks for making this web site, and I will be visiting over again.
    Visit:- office.com/setup | office.com/setup | Webroot Geek Squad | Asus Router Support | att email login

    ReplyDelete

***